OSM workshops and events
The OSM community regularly gets together to educate, exchange information and to engage with a broad range of people interested in MANO.
Presentations and videos from these sessions can be found on this page.
- 1 OSM Community Session @ MPLS + SDN + NFV World (March 21st, 2017, Paris, France)
- 2 OSM Workshop @ SDN World Congress 2016, The Hague (October 10th, 2016)
- 3 NFV World Congress 2016 (San José, April 2016) - Keynote
- 4 Layer 123 Webinar (March 2016): Introducing OSM – Open Source MANO for NFV
- 5 ONS (March 2016): An introduction to Open Source MANO project
- 6 MWC 16 (February 2016)
OSM Community Session @ MPLS + SDN + NFV World (March 21st, 2017, Paris, France)
Vanessa Little (OSM TSC Member | VMWare)
- Introduction to the OSM Community
- OSM Architectural Principles
- OSM Release TWO
- OSM Remote Labs Network
OSM Demo 1: DevOps in Service Chains and 5G Network Slices
Marcus Friman (Head of Engineering, Co-founder, Netrounds)
- Arctos Labs
- Assured network quality and dynamic control of virtual services and 5G network slices
- NFV MANO for advanced orchestration of virtual test agents as part of network service design (NSD) for full service life cycle SLA assurance
- Automation of active testing through DevOps approaches to network management during 5G network slice deployment
OSM Demo 2: Towards an Efficient Data Plane Processing (ETSI NFV PoC#43)
Jokin Garay (Managing Director, Co-founder, Keynetic Technologies)
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Keynetic Technologies
- University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU)
- Separation of VNF into stateful network function and stateless data path processing components.
- Improvement of VNF data processing efficiency while minimizing the overall usage of NFVI resources.
- Identity-based network access control to network services and network slices based on dynamic access rights and white-listing model
OSM Workshop @ SDN World Congress 2016, The Hague (October 10th, 2016)
Introduction to OSM
Francisco-Javier Ramón Salguero (Chair ETSI Open Source MANO | Telefónica)
This session provides an overview of the OSM community foundation, project objectives, and structure. The technical scope and ambition for the project are described and an overview of the accomplishments that have been delivered with the first and second OSM releases is provided. This session concludes with a view on themes for Release TWO and beyond.
OSM End User Advisory Group (Operators) Perspective
Andy Reid (Vice Chair, ETSI Open Source MANO | BT)
This session provides a telecoms operator perspective on OSM. This includes a view on the significance of open source and the orchestration space in the industry in general and the OSM community in particular. The importance of the accomplishments in the latest OSM release, the role OSM can play in standards development and what success over the next six months will look like.
OSM Architecture and Data Model Overview
Adrian Hoban (TSC Chair, ETSI Open Source MANO | Intel)
This session provides an overview of the OSM architecture, the functional split in the modules, the mapping between OSM and the ETSI NFV MANO logical view. It also provides an overview of the OSM data models for the VNF Descriptor (VNFD) and the Network Service Descriptors (NSD) and how some of the salient attributes are handled in OSM.
Using the OSM User Interface & VNF On-boarding
Noel Charath (Interoperability Task Force Convenor, ETSI Open Source MANO | RIFT.io)
This tutorial provides a comprehensive overview of the OSM user interface and explains the VNF on-boarding process with OSM. It also provides an overview of the VNF packages and how a VNF vendor would create them.
VNFs Modelling, Lifecycle Management & Integration
Mark Shuttleworth (TSC, ETSI Open Source MANO | Canonical)
This tutorial builds on the previous VNF on-boarding session by showcasing the manner in which VNFs are modelled and lifecycle events are handled in OSM.
How to Participate in OSM
Chris Buerger (Marketing Task Force Chair, ETSI Open Source MANO | Intel)
This session wraps up the workshop, summarising the key information and providing directions on how to participate in the OSM community.
NFV World Congress 2016 (San José, April 2016) - Keynote
Layer 123 Webinar (March 2016): Introducing OSM – Open Source MANO for NFV
ONS (March 2016): An introduction to Open Source MANO project
MWC 16 (February 2016)
MWC16 demo infrastructure and interaction of OSM components
Your feedback on these pages is most welcome! Please send us your comments and questions to OSM_TECH@list.etsi.org See hereafter some best practices to report issues on OSM