OSM is Awesome!
A practical Introduction to OSM
Summary: A 4-hour tutorial that covers theoretical aspects on OSM and how it relates to ETSI NFV Architecture, as well as hands-on exercises on main OSM features.
Objective: Participants will learn the main aspects about the platform in order to lead their own tests, demonstrations and contributions.
- Introduction (1 hour)
- Brief review of ETSI NFV architecture and components
- Introduction to OSM R3
- Hands on! (2 hours)
- Installing OSM R3
- OSM basic initial configuration
- On-boarding my first NS/VNF
- Launching my first VNF instances
- Managing VNF lifecycle
- Contributing with the community (30 min)
Registration is mandatory
To get the most out of the introduction, a basic knowledge of Telco Networking and Cloud environments is recommended.
To participate in the hands-on exercises, participants need to bring a portable computer with:
- Software for SSH (Putty, SecureCRT, MAC Terminal, etc.)
- Internet Browser (Google Chrome is preferred)
- OSM Tutorial @OSM#5 Louisville
- Host: CableLabs
- Date: Monday April 9th 2018, 1-5 pm
- Venue: CableLabs, 858 Coal Creek Circle, Louisville (CO), USA
- OSM Tutorial @OSM-MR#4 Rome
- Host: CNIT
- Date: Monday 5th February 2018, 2-6 pm
- Venue: CNR Headquarters, Piazzale Aldo Moro,7 - 00185, Roma, Italia