OSM16 Ecosystem Day
The OpenSourceMANO community is organizing the OSM#16 Ecosystem Day on Wednesday, 29th November 2023 3-4:30 pm. The event will be run remotely during the OSM#16 Plenary Meeting taking place 28th November to 1st December 2023.
The OSM Ecosystem Day allows organizations in the OSM Ecosystem to share about their Open Source MANO experience and how OSM is helping them to achieve their goals. Presentations and demos cover a wide range of aspects from research activities in academia to production deployments and commercial initiatives, mostly focusing on cutting-edge Telco use cases.
Participation is free and open to all upon Registration.
Registration is free of charge and open to all, please register here! You are most welcome to invite your colleagues and partners to join us.
- 3:00 CET Welcome to the OSM#16 Ecosystem Day - OSM Chair
- 3:05 CET Demo: OCI-Registries for OSM xNFs - Eviden
- By Guillermo Gomez Chavez, SN&S R&D Software Engineer
- Novel storage and distribution approach for xNFs artifacts to improve interoperability of devs, xNF providers and MNOs, by leveraging commercial-grade implementations of the OCI specifications.
- 3:30 CET Using OSM to deploy digital twins of Quantum Key Distribution Networks. - UC3M
- By Blanca A. López, PhD Student.
- A revolutionary advance on communications could be near, along with a breakthrough in quantum technologies, and in particular, with the deployment of Quantum Key Distribution (QKD) Networks, which enable the secure dissemination of cryptographic keys to remote application entities following Quantum Mechanics Principles. Still, quantum devices and equipment are on a developmental stage, making their availability low and their prize high, and hindering the settlement of these new technologies. On this talk we present a service that will guarantee interested researchers open access to a testbed of QKD Networks, where experiments, trials and tests, including network attacks emulations, can be performed without having to physically build a Quantum Network or without compromising the integrity of an already built QKD Network. The presented solution will allow users to deploy a digital twin environment of a QKD Network, offering cost-effectiveness, flexibility and scalability in the study of the integration of Quantum Communications in the current network infrastructures. The service is based on Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and leverages OSM features to automatically deploy, configure and run digital twins of moderately complex QKD Networks, following a user friendly and accessible perspective. The talk will focus on describing the orchestration service and how it works, and the current implementation state, completely built upon open-source software technologies as OSM, Ansible and the quantum network emulator SimulaQron. Also future development lines expected in the short and medium term will be commented.
- 4:00 CET Demo: Network Service Artefact Onboarding in Multi-Administrative Domain scenarios leveraging diverse OSM instances - CTTC
- By Jorge Baranda, Senior Researcher
- In this talk, we present the automatic onboarding of vertical network service artefacts (container, Helm charts definitions, VNF and NS packages) in multiple OSM instances serving as the management and orchestrator stack for each administrative domain. We propose a cloud-native solution deployed at each OSM instance that consists of an artefact registry management system coupled with an Integration Fabric element following ETSI ZSM guidelines. Upon the trigger from a central management element for all the administrative domains, the previously mentioned elements synchronize between them autonomously and with the associated OSM instances at each domain to distribute, store and manage the network service artefacts while ensuring a consistent catalogue of vertical services. This solution has been thought as a part of a wider system working on top of the 5G network present in each administrative domain to manage the lifecycle of Connected and Automated Movility (CAM) network services and assist them during its run-time.
- 4:25 CET Wrap up of the OSM#16 Ecosystem Day
Previous Ecosystem Days
- OSM#15 Ecosystem Day June 2023
- OSM-MR#14 Ecosystem Day March 2023
- OSM#13 Ecosystem Day June 2022
- OSM-MR#12 Ecosystem Day March 2022
- OSM#12 Ecosystem Day November 2021
- OSM-MR#10 Ecosystem Day March 2021
- OSM#10 Ecosystem Day December 2020
- OSM-MR#9 Ecosystem Day September 2020
- OSM#9 Ecosystem Day June 2020
- OSM-MR#8 Ecosystem Day March 2020
- Join the OSM Community Slack Workspace
- If your organization is already an OSM member, you can also:
- If your organization is not yet an OSM member:
- Learn how to join, it is free and open to all
- Join the OSM Ecosystem
Questions about ETSI, joining OSM, this and future events can be sent to OSMSupport@etsi.org