OSM-MR14 Ecosystem Day
The OSM Ecosystem Day allows organizations in the OSM Ecosystem to share about their Open Source MANO experience and how OSM is helping them to achieve their goals. Presentations and demos cover a wide range of aspects from research activities in academia to production deployments and commercial initiatives, mostly focusing on cutting-edge Telco use cases.
The OSM-MR#14 Ecosystem Day will be held online on Wednesday, 8th March during the OSM Mid Release FOURTEEN meeting week taking place 7-10 March, 2023.
Registration is free of charge and open to all, register here! You are most welcome to invite your colleagues and partners to join us.
- 2:00 - 2:10 CET - Welcome to the OSM-MR#14 Ecosystem Day
- By Wajeeha Hamid, OSM MARCOM Chair
- 2:10 - 2:35 CET - Demo: Deploying a V2X Stack in Edge Environments for Improving Mobility Safety by i2CAT
- Adrian Pino, Research Engineer, i2CAT
- Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) are designed to increase safety and traffic management in mobility use cases by utilizing vehicular communication systems. At the same time, personal mobility has been gradually transforming due to the emergence of new alternative mobility devices such as bicycles, e-scooters, electric and bicycles, which results in a growing number of vulnerable road users (VRUs), and therefore an increase in the risk of accidents. In order to address such problems, technologies such as Vehicular-to-Everything (V2X) and Edge Computing are crucial. The deployment of such technologies poses significant challenges at network fabric level in order to guarantee traffic isolation from the different radio units connected to the edge, while meeting the latency requirements. In this proof-of-concept (PoC), we introduce the use of V2X technology as a key enabler for a VRU protection system. The proposed solution fully benefits from the use of edge computing for the deployment of a V2X stack (based on the ETSI ITS-G5 protocol stack) which enables messages distribution between vehicles and VRUs to prevent accidents/risks. OSM is used to orchestrate a highly customizable solution where the required Network Services (NS), according to the network topology, are instantiated over a Kubernetes environment.
- 2:35 - 3:00 CET - Demo: Enhanced user security in TE-OSM by Tata Elxsi
- Ms. Selvi Jayaraman, Senior Engineer, TATA ELXSI
- User management allows administrators to manage resources and organize users according to their needs and roles while maintaining the security of IT systems. Administrators need powerful user management capabilities to maintain user status and also define policies.
- 3:00 - 3:05 CET - Group Picture
- 3:05 - 3:30 CET - Demo: Managing operations with Temporal in OSM by Canonical
- Mark Beierl and Gulsim Atici, Senior Software Engineer, Canonical
- During this talk, we will:
- Explain Temporal main components and working logic
- Position the temporal workflows and activities to manage operations in OSM by considering high availability, fault tolerance and data integrity
- Describe the features of Temporal that facilitate event driven operations in OSM
- 3:30 - 3:55 CET - Demo: Leveraging OSM virtual networking in Kubernetes clusters by UC3M
- Luis F. Gonzalez, PhD Student, UC3M
- In this talk, we will present the use of OSM for the deployment of Network Services (NS) in Kubernetes clusters, using the L2S-M operator for the creation of Link Layer based virtual networks inside the cluster to interconnect the Cloud Network Functions (CNFs) that build the NS. All the results presented in this talk are the first steps towards the implementation of a feature in OSM to allow the lifecycle management of layer 2 virtual networks for CNFs in Kubernetes clusters by using SDN technology, showcasing the potential of OSM for the establishment of these networks in a Kubernetes cluster.
- 3:55 - 4:00 CET - Wrap-up of the OSM-MR#14 Ecosystem Day
- By Wajeeha Hamid, OSM MARCOM Chair
Previous Ecosystem Days
- OSM#13 Ecosystem Day June 2022
- OSM-MR#12 Ecosystem Day March 2022
- OSM#12 Ecosystem Day November 2021
- OSM-MR#10 Ecosystem Day March 2021
- OSM#10 Ecosystem Day December 2020
- OSM-MR#9 Ecosystem Day September 2020
- OSM#9 Ecosystem Day June 2020
- OSM-MR#8 Ecosystem Day March 2020
- Join the OSM Community Slack Workspace
- If your organization is already an OSM member, you can also:
- Request an EOL account (if you don’t have one yet)
- Subscribe OSG OSM and OSM TECH mailing lists
- If your organization is not yet an OSM member:
- Learn how to join, it is free and open to all
- Join the OSM Ecosystem
Please send your technical questions to OSM_TECH@list.etsi.org or post them in the OSM Community Slack Workspace
Questions about ETSI, joining OSM, this and future events can be sent to OSMSupport@etsi.org