OSM PoC 4 - Charmed Open5GCore Deployment with OSM Rel FIVE
PoC Team Members
All PoC Team Members are OSM members or participants
- Canonical Contacts:
- TNO Contacts:
Evolution of existing mobile network towards 5G and new services such as autonomous cars, augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR) and massie IoT require agile network service modeling and rapid deployment. OSM Rel 5 brings new NFVO capabilities to address 5G use cases, network slicing and micro-service orchestration through VNF deployment and configuration with new charms programming pattern that allows more granular, asynchronous responses to changes in state, including lifecycle events. The goal of this PoC is to show how new OSM release can model and deploy end-to-end advanced network services (5G Core).
PoC Key Takeaways
- Deployment of complex network service (Open5GCore) using OSM Rel 5
- Advanced VCA VNF configuration using full charm with reactive design patterns
- Enabling further Open5GCore use cases (AR/VR)
The PoC Report (coming soon) will include:
- Benefits of OSM Rel FIVE feature set.
- VNF Onboarding guidelines aligned with OSM Rel FIVE service design principles.
- Lessons learned summary.
- OSM Rel FIVE